Client: Leading Professional Services Firm
The CEO of the largest line of business in this organization set out to stop the attrition of diverse talent in mid-level positions and to create a more cohesive and inclusive culture among the leadership.
We created an initiative that would ensure both “pull” from the dominant leadership group by assigning them as advisors to the cohort, and “push” from diverse groups in mid-level positions by developing skills and knowledge of how to navigate the company.
The simultaneous impact of the “push/pull” effect ensures sustainable change and builds inclusive senior leader skills that enable a more inclusive culture. It also gave structure for the dozens of diverse peer groups that carried on long after the program was done. The program included:
- Instructor-led skills clinics
- Guided small group breakouts for peer group connection
- Executive coaching on-site from our seasoned, expert team of executive coaches
- More than 1,000 employees have participated over time.
- The program became a staple for young men and women within the organization for six years and enabled the organization to promote and retain young, diverse talent.
- The approach provided the first real exposure to senior and executive leaders for the diverse participants and substantiated an ongoing conversation about how the organization can be more equitable in promotions and pay and inclusive in business execution.
Early professional development for high-potential, diverse talent, Skills-based development for managers
For more information, contact Brenda Wensil, Managing Director & Practice Leader, Leadership Acceleration, at email@example.com.